Winnipeg is the capital of Manitoba, Canada and famous for its places of tourist interest. Charles wood is one such one such place that adds to the beauty of Winnipeg. It is located in the south western part of the city and is surrounded by Assiniboine River in the north.
It was joined with the City of Winnipeg in 1972, and since then it has been adding twinkles to Winnipeg. Before 1920 there were limited houses in Charles wood but after World War II, many Europeans migrated here in order to avoid living close to Winnipeg. It was Patrick H. Kelly, a farmer and municipal official who played a vital role in the development of Charles wood and also laid the foundation of Charles wood School. He also established the first post office in Charles wood. Charles wood semi-rural atmosphere gives makes it all the more admirable.